Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rainbows & Unicorns - My Kind Of Programming.

I don't like to watch movies or TV shows with a lot of violence in them. You know, Sopranos type shit.  Can't. Do. It. I can get right to the part where they bash someone's head in and I run out of the room screaming or hide under a blanket.  Then I ask Kyle to tell me what happened. Kyle's typical response is: "It can't always be rainbows and unicorns".  I'm pretty sure it can be, but until I can convince someone to have a TV channel that only has rainbows and unicorns flash on the screen all day, I'll just have to settle for Nickelodeon.  But since I don't have kids (yet) I really don't want to hear crappy songs all day that will make me long for the days where I want to see someone getting whacked for being a rat.

Since I make Kyle sit and watch all my crappy reality shows, I figured I should try and watch a few that he likes.  Dexter, totally into it. Breaking Bad, yep. Sons Of Anarchy?  I'll join SAMCRO right this minute. But I cannot and will not watch Game Of Thrones.  Nope, never going to happen.  I have tried, trust me I have. Everyone and their GoT. I get it, it's great and yes we all know you read the damn books. Good for you.  Kyle shared with me the hilarious videos of everyone's reactions to the "Red Wedding" episode and that right there confirmed that I will never watch a single show and I am OK with that.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs: Oh, Noa. and she of course sums up how most women feel about shows like GoT.  In a hilarious way.  Check it here:

Oh, and if you're a big-time TV Producer, let's talk about my new channel: Rainbows & Unicorns. I have tons of ideas for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them here!