Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekends Stateside


Not too much is going on over here in Vancouver.  Kyle is working away, being very important.  He is heading to Tofino next weekend to go on a surf trip with his work crew!  I have decided that it is officially fall and tried to put out decorations this weekend.  Kyle put a stop to that but as I just mentioned, he'll be in Tofino next weekend so I'll be sure to have the house decked out for his return home!  I am counting the days until we head home next month!  It'll be 8 months since I have seen my family and most of my friends so I can't wait.  I miss my nephew the most and the weekend Facetime chats are just not cutting it.


Last weekend I did however get out of town to see one of my best girlfriends who was up from LA, staying at her family lake house in Washington. I packed my bags, grabbed Maggie and we headed on a mini road trip for a weekend with the girls!

Mapquest said it would only take three hours, but what mapquest didn't account for was the border traffic, me pulling over three times to see if Maggie would like to sit in the front seat, then the back seat, then the back seat with the seats pulled down making her an extra big bed.  You see, where I love road trips, Maggie hates them.  I have never had a dog who is scared of being in the car. I love a solo road trip because I can make as many stops as I like.  See that little kiosk on the side of the road selling crap, I'm going to stop there.  Beef jerky on the side of the road, I think I'll pull over and buy some.  Need another coffee or water or magnet for my fridge?  I'll pull right over and go to the gas station/rest stop/restaurant. And let's not forget that this is where I can sign my heart out. I swear in a past life I was a breakdancing singer that went to a performing arts school. But I digress, as usual.

Five hours later (damn border traffic and beef jerky kiosk),  I found myself at Puget Lake at my friends house that is right on the water.  To say it had a stunning view is a major understatement. I was in heaven. Any stress from everyday life just melted away. This house is very special to my friend, it was so nice seeing where she spent her summers and holidays growing up. We had such a great weekend and I cannot wait to go back to this magical place.

~Mrs. G


Heather relaxing on the deck.

Peaceful.

A girl and her dog.
Amy and I discussing the route for our race.

Maggie wanted in on the race.
She did not help me paddle the boat.

Taking in the view.

Beautiful.




She knows who to suck up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them here!