Wednesday, November 6, 2013

October, How I Love Thee. YES I know it's November

I keep forgetting to update weekly so instead I'll just keep writing big 'ol update posts. Most of you are on Instagram, (even my mom is on it now, which is a whole other post), anyway most of you that read this follow me on Instagram and are keeping up with #thegaulinlife as that's where I tend to post most of my stuff nowadays.

If you are in fact following me on IG you will already know that October was a packed month for Kyle and me.  We started off seeing Dave Chappelle when he was up here on tour.  Let me just say he has not lost it one bit.  I was laughing so hard I was in tears — the whole show.  A couple weeks later we saw Chris Cornell on his "Songbook" tour.  I cannot say enough times that this was hands down one of the best shows I have ever seen.  It was simply amazing, this guy is talented and can sing his ass off.  He sang "Imagine" by John Lennon, this is one of my favorite songs, when he stared to sing it, I about fell out of my seat.  It was just a great vibe all the way around.  

The most exciting thing that happened in October though was going back home!  We were on such a whirlwind tour and it seemed liked every day and every night was packed with things to do and people to see.  I loved every minute of it!  We stayed with my brother the first week and then stayed down in Laguna our second week.  I loved being able to spend time with my Nephew.  I miss all the little moments with him. We had our Annual Italian Family picnic that has been going on since I was little and years way before that. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am so lucky to have the family that I do.  I love these traditions and I love my family.  It was so great seeing everyone. I really felt like I got good family and friend time in with everyone we could see.  I was sad to leave but when we got home Fall was in full swing and I have to admit I was pretty stoked on my surroundings.

Vancouver wins best Fall hands down in my opinion. Everywhere you look the trees are on fire with reds, oranges and yellows.  It really is an amazing sight!  People have been walking up and down our street taking pictures of all the trees. One weekend we headed out to one of the many working farms here in Vancouver and went apple and pumpkin picking.  You see, I found this "Fall Check List" on Pinterest and damn it if I don't take that list to heart.  I am on a mission to do all the Fall things and poor Kyle is such a good sport he'll do them with me!

The last bit of exciting news that most of you may already know is that I decided to take a break from the ad agency world for a while.  I'll still get my fill of project management at home (Kyle loves this about me), but I really needed a change of pace and have decided to concentrate on other things in my life. Kyle is already working such long hours, we were becoming two ships that passed in the night and that is no way to live — at least not for us.  I have always wanted to get into VFX  and had a great opportunity to join one of the best studios in the world.  Yes, I said world and with movies like TRON, Benjamin Button, Titanic, X-Men, and most recently co-producing Ender's Game you can see why I threw out such a hefty claim. Oh I shouldn't forget to mention that they brought Tupac back to life at Coachella.  I couldn't be happier and more stoked on this opportunity and feel blessed to have been given the chance to do something totally different. I work with an amazing group of people.  When I left Team One I prayed I would find that feeling of loving coming into work everyday and I do believe I found it.

I've rounded up some of my favorite shots from the month of October (and a few from past family picnics), hopefully I can get my shit together and update more often.

~Mrs. G


This is my grandpa at one of our Italian Family Picnics back in the day!

Anddddd this is his daughter-my mother at our picnic last month.  We always have games for the kids and the adults and she always comes prepared for the water ballon toss. 
And just because I think it's funny, here she is at a family picnic in the 80's. She really embraced  the whole neon thing.  This is also the time we started calling her "Monochromatic Mom."

We are F-A-M-I-L-Y



My insanely perfect nephew holding Uncle KyKy's hand, he LOVES Kyle.  Also there's the people that made him!
I mean...…
My Pops
This motley crew is also my family. We're such a melting pot of beautiful ladies aren't we! 
She makes my dad so very happy, we are lucky to have her in our lives!

Two of the three men in my life :)

Goodbyes are never easy. I love this for so many reasons.  
My other brother Mikey and Caroline

Lucky to have these amazing girls in my life.  Truly the best of the best right here.
The best of the best part deux!  I LOVE these trouble makers.
This is Mikki, I've known here for over twenty years.  A sleepy morning in Venice turned into a photo shoot, rooting through trees, backyards and local shops on Abbot Kinney- more on this photo shoot soon. 
We only had one night with the Dereks, it was not nearly enough.
He is perfection isn't he?
Fall  in full swing here in Vancouver.
My favorite street to walk down - Trafalgar. Voted one of the prettiest streets in Vancouver.

Clearly I can have fun most anywhere.
My love and I on our date night out to see Chris Cornell. 
My amazingly handsome Husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them here!