Monday, November 3, 2014

Can I Please Block You In Real Life?

Social media let's you weed out all sorts of people you no longer want to be "connected" with.  Have a FB stalker?  Block 'em. Someone posting too many kitten videos or making too many religious/political comments? Unfollow that person. No longer "friends?" One click and they're out.

I've happily done all three of these but what happens when you encounter some of these people in real life? Since becoming pregnant I have encountered my share of people (all strangers BTW), who feel the need to comment on my pregnancy. Family and friends I understand and will happily talk to, but the lady in line at Whole Foods, I cannot. The following are the things that have been said to me in my 6 months of being pregnant:

1. "You're not finding out the sex?  How will you be prepared?" - Because we don't believe in all things pink or blue. That's how.

2. "You're finding out the sex?  Why?  It's the only surprise you will ever have in your life" - I'm surprised that I'm still standing here listening to your rant and utter disappointment in the fact that we are making this decision about our baby.

3. "You're planning on breastfeeding right? You know it's best for the baby." - Yes, I am also aware that if shit goes south and I am not able to for whatever reason this does not make me any less of a loving mother and the baby will not grow up to become an axe murderer because they had a bottle or formula early on.

4. "You are going for a natural birth right?"  Yes, I will try and think of you when creating my birth plan that I already know can all go to shit in a matter of seconds.

5. "You know ________ is bad for the baby?" I am apparently a horrible mother because I am not abstaining from everything on the planet.

6. "I bet you can't wait to get your roots done after the baby is born right?"  I had to laugh, because I pay good money for these "roots".

7. The very few people that I told our names to who insisted they wouldn't comment or judge:
"I know a dog that name."
"That name is overdone."
"Oh, that's interesting."

Oh and last but not least. The baby is moving a ton!  I have an anterior placenta so basically her movements have been cushioned so I've not been able to feel her as much.  This week has been AMAZING and I've been smiling from ear to ear with every move I feel.  There are days when I feel as big as a house, but mostly I have never felt so beautiful in my life.

Here's what is getting her grooving this week:
The Temper Trap - Fader
Nas - Bye Baby
Tube & Berger - Set It Off
The Doors vs The Crystal Method - Roadhouse Blues
The Knocks - Dancing With The DJ
C2C - Down The Road
Robyn - Dancing On My Own -(about 5 times) 
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
Cyndi Lauper - When You Were Mine



Here are some pictures for you to enjoy:

The Bump does Halloween: I came in like a..........

We had a little party so naturally the Bump and I needed two costumes.

I get to see these ladies and many more of the best girlfriends on the planet this weekend at my shower...

...and the ladies of this amazing, crazy Italian family I have seen here telling us what they think of Kyle and me missing the annual Italian Family picnic last month. Family. Is. Everything.





~Mrs. G