Monday, August 3, 2015

My First Time Mommy Confessions.



I cannot believe it's been five months already!  She has changed so much, we have all changed so much.  Our little family is doing great and I feel like we are in a good groove.

Though I have only been a mom for a short time (although really I think I became a mom the moment I got pregnant) I have a few confessions I thought I'd share with you all.  There's only a few and I suspect this list will keep growing...

Confession #1: Remi was super fussy and crying for what seemed like hours.  Kyle said "I'll take her for a while, please just heat up a bottle."  I went downstairs to the kitchen, opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle.  I saw an opened bottle of chardonnay and took a swig. Straight from the bottle. It was 3:00 am.


Confession #2: I don't know too many nursery rhymes, Kyle always laughs because the one I know (sorta) has a line that I made up and goes something like this: "Hush little baby don't you cry, momma gonna buy you a five and dime??" The other day I found myself singing: "Fish heads fish heads, roly poly fish heads. Fish heads, fish heads eat them up yum".  I used to listen to the Dr. Demento show in the 80's and he played this religiously.  
      
Confession #2A: (Update)-I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to her as part of our nightly routine and because I think I am the best singer ever, I think my version would win me a Grammy.  I often wonder if she is impressed by my vocals. 

Confession #3: When Remi spit up, which was a lot, I let Maggie lick it up.  When she burbs, Maggie now comes running or just follows us around the house waiting for her snacks.  Gross I know, but I look at it as once less thing I need to clean up.


Confession #4: My "mommy voice" is supppppppppper dorky.  But as long as it makes her laugh I don't care.


Confession #5: I actually like washing bottles.  We use the Dr. Brown's bottles and I find it calming to wash and arrange all of the parts.


Confession #6: I'd be lying if I said that maybe once or twice I passed gas and blamed it on the baby.

Confession #7: I still check the monitor during the night to see if she is breathing, especially when she sleeps for 9+ hours.

Confession #8: I feel like I have won some sort of "F*ck Yeah, She Slept Through The Night" award when the above happens.

Confession #9: I drink way more than I used too.  


~Mrs. G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them here!